This week at SoapBoxSample we held an all-hands meeting where we talked about the things that keep us motivated — through the stress, through the long hours, and through the demanding projects. One of my biggest motivators has always been working out. Almost any type of physical activity helps me focus, centers me, and just makes me feel good. But why should I have all the fun? I like to encourage (some would say force) my staff to get outdoors and do the same. This week Matt Thurston, the COO of icanmakeitbetter (our insight community platform) flew in from Austin to spend some time with the Van Nuys office. I encouraged (it was optional I swear) Matt and our Senior Account Executive Anthony Bean to head up to Runyon Canyon at the end of the day to check out the best view that Los Angeles has to offer. Seeing them conquer that hill make me think it was time to revisit one of my favorite blog posts — Work Out Road Show. Yes, it is possible to stay in shape when you travel for work. And sometimes the best way to see the sights is while you’re sweaty and out of breath and being harassed by a small blonde drill sergeant who looks like Amy Poehler.
The witty tales of a 40-something, self-proclaimed basket case. An unflinching account of the insanity of building a startup called SoapBoxSample. An uncompromising, unapologetic look at the thoughts, actions and antics of a successful entrepreneur's journey — in and out of the office.
SUBSCRIBE TO TELLTALE TEN
- Why Having a Social Life Can Save Your Life
- Who Are You? Who? Who? Who? Who?
- How Swinging a Hammer and Fetching Beer for Your Dad Are the Foundation of Entrepreneurship
- If I Could Change One Thing
- The Woof Woof of Word Clouds
- Dudley Makes Me Happy
- Dirty Hair, Messy House and an Impromptu Baby Shower
- Confused Robots, Puppy Love, and Super Judgy Mirrors
- You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know
- Jax’s Favorite Things
- Five Years of FRESH!
- What is All Over Your Hands?
- Comparison – The Thief of Joy
- Happy Blog-iversary
- A Micro Dose of Motivation
The Telltale Ten